Performing a Tethered install assumes the following:
- That you have a supported Field Controller and USB cable
- PC with Windows Mobile Device Center (Microsoft download link)
- Choose the "Controller and Onboard" or "Controller" install package depending on which module of MAGNET Field product is being installed.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable. Windows Mobile Device Center will automatically open as the device is detected. Choose "Connect without setup" so that the installer can "see" your device
- Double click on the MAGNET install package that was downloaded and choose Run
- You will be presented with a Prerequistes screen. Verify that the information is correct, and click Next
- A Welcome screen appears advising that the program is about to be installed to your handheld PC. click Next
- The next screen contains the End User License Agreement. Check "Accept" and click Next
- Destination Selection defaults to Internal Storage. It is not advisable to install the software to an SD card or a location other than the default.
- Select the features pertinent to your application and click Next
- The process of installing the software to the device begins. You will see a progress bar on your PC but there will be no external indication of the software being installed to the controller.
- Click Finish to exit the installer or check ACTIVATE to go through the activation process for MAGNET Field
- You will now see the MAGNET field software in the program list of your controller